ASEAN Council on Petroleum (ASCOPE) was established in 1975 with its aim to promote active collaboration and mutual assistance in the development of the petroleum resources in the region through joint endeavours in the spirit of equality and partnership.
Currently, ASCOPE consists of national petroleum companies/ national entity responsible for oil and gas of 10 ASEAN member countries, namely:
- Brunei National Petroleum Company (petroleumBRUNEI);
- Ministry of Mines and Energy Cambodia (MME);
- National Oil Company of Indonesia (Pertamina);
- Lao State Fuel Company (LSFC);
- Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE);
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS);
- Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC);
- Singapore LNG Corporation (SLNG);
- PTT Public Company Limited (PTT); and
- Vietnam Oil & Gas Group (Petrovietnam).
ASCOPE’s organization: the highest authority within the organization is ASCOPE Council which includes 10 Heads of National Oil and Gas Companies/the national entity responsile for oil an gas, serving as Council Members; the ASCOPE Secretariat headed by ASCOPE Secretary-in-charge; and 04 Task Forces (Exploration & Production Task Force; Gas Advocacy Task Force; Commercial Partnership Task Force; Policy, Research and Capability Building Task Force).
ASCOPE’s vision is to contribute meaningfully to ASEAN energy security by driving sustainable petroleum collaboration amongst members and with external stakeholders.
After 44 years of development, ASCOPE has become the most prestigious oil and gas organization in ASEAN. The ASCOPE Council meeting, which is held annually among ASCOPE member countries, has played important role in providing the participants with the opportunity to enhance the mutual understanding, partnerships and networking.
For more information, please visit ASCOPE’s website at www.ascope.org